O Snap! Superheroes
Saving the world from a dull existance!
Get half off our O Snap! photo scavenger event through AmazonLocal
The O Snap! (Photo Scavenger Hunt) is an outrageously fun-filled way to get to know people in ways you normally wouldn’t. Complete social challenges as a team and provide pictures as proof. Every challenge earns your team additional points, and the team with the most at the end, wins!
Last Thursday we facilitated a GoBuyo Nights event at Queen Sheba on Broadway. Somehow, the vibe, food, and mix of players was just right.
So, why do WE think Queen Sheba is fun?
1) The food! Your everyday finger foods are great, but when you’re served delicious cuisine that you can only eat by using injera and fingers, you get sent to a whole other level of finger lickin’ fun. It’s like being a toddler and discovering how to eat by yourself all over again!
2) The history! There’s so much history behind everything there! Okay, the actual place isn’t THAT old, but pretty much everything has a story behind it. Stories are fun! It’s like you’re experiencing history by just eating.
3) The bonding experience. There’s just something amazing to be said about the bonding experience of sticking your finger in someone else’s food and not having anybody care about it. That’s a bit of an exaggeration, but it really makes you feel close. Word of caution, be careful if you end up using a fork. People may get stabbed.
Drakes Imperial Stout
Eye of the Hawk Red Ale
Flying Dog Belgian IPA
Mammoth Double Nut Brown
This is some of what’s on the agenda for Taste Social: Craft Beer Tasting and Social Mingler event!
Register at www.craftbeer.eventsbot.com
This event was particularly fun because it had all of the right elements!
Amazing facilitators, good food, wonderful host (Bruce Lam and Slice of Broadway),
And most important of all…
Thanks for helping to build community through play, one event at a time.
Asobuyo! looks hard for good places to play. Sacramento’s own, Slice of Broadway, is one of the newest favorites in the Asobuyo! community. Here are three of the reasons why!
1) Co-owner, Bruce Lam and staff treat people like family. Before we knew him, Bruce would show up with our deliveries. More pizzas and more chats, and it seemed like we’d known each other for ages. We see him take the same approach with Slice of Broadway and the people that frequent: they’re treated like friends and family. Fits right in with the Asobuyo! core value of Family-Community.
2) The ambiance and space. Open setup for playing tag, watching a sports, or playing games; booth seating for laying down or squeezing in; fun foods; pinball machine in the back. The art is playful and animated (some of it dark and twisted); best of all, nobody looks at you when you’re goofin’ around. During our first “test” we hosted a post-ToBuyo List event there and hung out and played some games without any advanced notice. A decent sized group and, as usual we were having fun and being loud. The staff and other folks there were just chill and relaxed. Just like being at home or a friends spot! Corresponding Asobuyo! core value: Fun-Play.
3) The food! What food is more fun to eat and socialize over than great pizza and beer? Easy to share food brings about positive social experiences. The pizza is great and a fun experience by itself. For christmas they even made a pesto tree pizza!
So there you have it. Slice of Broadway is fun because of how they treat people, the atmosphere and ambiance, and, of course, the food!
The 40 or so “spies” were playing a five-hour game created by Sacramento startup Asobuyo that offers an unusual way for businesses to market themselves and connect with local consumers and for those consumers to connect with one another.
The games give players a unique experience with one of the host businesses, Asobuyo co-founder Chris Chu said, “so they become evangelists” for those businesses. Meanwhile, locals get to know their community, its establishments and their fellow citizens better, thereby strengthening community ties.